Friday, December 3, 2010

Product Review: DuWop Lip Venom

Have you been trying to get those sexy, full, juicy looking lips, but haven't found any products to get you that look? Do you love super shiny lips but hate feeling like everything you pass will wind up stuck to your smoocher?

I've tested out what seems like millions of lip plumpers and always find something wrong with them. Either the color is totally not what I expected, they don't actually do any 'plumping', or the opposite, they plump so much I feel my lips are going to burn off. It's hard to find a lip plumping product that's absolutely perfect, but I feel DuWop's Lip Venom ($16) is as close to perfect as possible!

This lip plumper (also available at Sephora) gives your lips a great shine. Unlike most products that are extra shiny, this gloss is smooth and tack free, so you don't feel like you'll get stuck indefinitely to the next person you kiss.

Since Lip Venom clear, it can work with any other lip product. If you're looking to get the ultimate plumping effect, use a light coat of Lip Venom first, and follow up with the color of your choice. If you put on the color first, the plumping isn't as effective.

The active ingredients that do the plumping are actually essential oils, so you don't have to worry about any drying agents like menthol. The tingle you feel is gentle- just enough to let you know its working. All the fine lines and any dry spots you'd have on your lips are filled out completely, and there is a visible change in your lips' fullness.

The only con I find about the product is that the little applicator brush is easy to drop...especially if you're applying somewhere where you can be bumped (i.e. a nightclub or bar). I wish it came with a great roller ball or a bigger wand.

I've been using Lip Venom on my lips for years. My lips are DEFINITELY not the biggest or the fullest, and on the days when I want to look a little extra sexy, this is always my go-to product! DuWop also has lots of other great products that I'd love to try soon!

What is your favorite lip plumping product?

No comments:

Post a Comment