Monday, December 13, 2010

12th Day of Beauty - Get Inspired!

Find a great style on either a celebrity or something you’ve seen in a magazine that you’ve always wanted to try, and go for it! There are only a certain number of days in the year that you can go all out and try new things, why not make Christmas one of them?

Is there one look you’ve seen over and over again but never had the opportunity to try? Is there one celebrity whose style is so amazing that you’d want to give it a whirl? GO FOR IT! Whether it be their clothing, hair or makeup that you’re super impressed with, try your best to embody the style and make it your own.

Clothing, as mentioned in a previous article, has been sequined up, and I don’t see the trend ending anytime soon. Wear something that a celebrity who inspires you is known for, and bring their confidence with you wherever you go.
Soft curls have been all the rage this year (I can’t wait for my hair to get long enough so I can rock them myself!) and the one tool I can’t wait to try when my hair does get long enough is Infinit by Conair’s You Style Multi-Functional Styling Iron ($41.99).

This tool straightens (or de-frizzes) and creates perfect soft curls at the same time. I was absolutely amazed by the ads I've seen on television, and I feel it'd be perfect for people like me who have to straighten before curling, Like every Conair product I’ve tried, it’s inexpensive and gives you great value.


The makeup looks I’m hearing that are favorites this season? Plain and simple: Victoria’s Secret. The dreamy, sexy bedroom eye look has always been in, but the Victoria’s Secret fashion show this year blew everyone away.

To get this look, use soft and luminescent colors (pearly, not shimmery) in neutral tones close to your skin color. You will only need three shades besides your regular eyeliner and mascara: a highlighter, lid color and contour color. I’ve created my take on the Victoria's Secret eye below:

Highlighting Color: Wet N’ Wild’s Idol Eyes Crème Shadow in Pixie

Shadow Color: Being True’s Eye Shadow Pan in Sandstone

Contour Color: Being True’s Eye Shadow Pan in Myrrh



A few tricks to get this exact look (*NOTE: the flash has made the colors appear lighter):

• Apply a pencil that can smudge right into your lash line on the top as well as the bottom. Line your water line on top, but stay away from your water line on the bottom.

• Take a densely packed eyeshadow brush and add some color along the bottom lash line of your eye. I used the lighter color to add a little highlight.

• Pick a great mascara to volumize and lengthen your lashes. Try some false lashes for an over the top look.

Follow these steps pictured to get this great look! Want to make it a little extra sexy? Use some darker shades and stay with a nude lip.

Whatever it is that you’ve been dying to try, pick it out and try it out for Christmas! I know you will get tons of compliments, ensuring yourself of how beautiful you truly are!

No comments:

Post a Comment