Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4th Day of Beauty - Moisturize to the Nines!

On a cold, blistery day like today, I'm reminded of how important it is to keep EVERYTHING moisturized: your body, lips, hands, hair, and even inside your body. My fourth day of beauty is for you to concentrate on moisturizing and hydrating yourself.

I've already discussed moisturizing your scalp and hair with a hot oil treatment, so that should all be in check. I've also told about my love for Carmex to keep your lips moisturized. Keeping your skin hydrated can be one of the most challenging objectives for anyone's beauty routine, mostly because there are so many products out there, it takes so much time out of your day, and it's a daily process that you need to keep up with to see long term results.

I'm sure you've all heard the talk about your skin being the biggest organ in (or on) the human body. Seriously, it's time to take care of your skin. I've made a pact to lather on the lotion every time I shower, and you should too. There are tons of body products out there, and tons of stores that claim they sell the best ones...but how do you pick something that's right for you?

Don't be fooled by price. Sometimes the most expensive products aren't the best, and there are cheaper alternatives that work just as well, if not better. My favorite budget body product has always been Vaseline. Vaseline petrolium jelly, Vaseline lotion...I haven't found something that treats your skin better.

I've been a fan of Johnson & Johnson baby lotions as well, but be wary: sometimes these baby lotions and oils don't benefit your skin as much as others can. They have no anti-aging ingredients, no ingredients to help tighten and tone skin, which is something you can definitely get from a Vaseline product. Try out Vaseline Firming for a great way to tighten and moisturize.

My hands are the driest part of my body, and since I'm constantly washing them throughout the day, it's hard to keep something on them at all times. I've bought tons of advanced and expensive This is where Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion comes in handy.

It comes in a huge bottle at an inexpensive price ($9.99 for a 14 oz bottle, and perfect for your desk or over your kitchen sink) and stays on through a gentle handwashing. It comes in smaller bottles that you can carry around in your purse as well. Gold Bond has a wide array of products that are medicated, or not, and really improve the texture of your skin.

Lastly, make sure you moisturize yourself from the inside. Drinking water is the most improtant thing you can do for yourself. It helps your organs function better, eliminates toxins better from your system, and helps your skin glow. I know that they say you should drink 8 8 fluid ounce glasses a day, but for some people that is too much. Take your weight and divide it by two. This is how many ounces you should drink a day. Try to get as close to this number as you can! Drink! Lots of water! Cut down on the alcohol (I know it will be hard during the holiday season).

Make sure every day you think about hydrating yourself, and you will see the difference it makes in all aspects of your appearance and health!

No comments:

Post a Comment