Monday, November 8, 2010

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation



One of my least favorite things about makeup is foundation. Since I do have such reactive skin, I'm always afraid to try something new or attempt to change my routine once I find something that works. I couldn't ignore the appeal of Revlon's Photo Ready liquid foundation, and purchased it in 'Nude' this weekend despite my fear of breakouts.

I love foundations with a pump, so the pump on this bottle was a relief. I first smeared and blended into the inside of my wrist to get an idea of texture, how much it spreads (or worse, CAKES!) and to approximate how much to put onto my face. The coverage was great, and I was surprised to see the slight shimmer to the dried foundation. I've always been turned off by the shimmer of mineral makeup, but the shimmer of this was so subtle that it wasn't that bothersome. It also has absolutely NO scent to it, which was promising for my blemish-prone skin.

It took about a pump and a half to cover my entire face, and I was surprised to feel how light this foundation actually was. I applied in dabs to my entire face with my foundation brush. The sparkle in the foundation was slightly overpowering for myself, since I am used to a more matte finish. I think I may attempt to put my concealer on BEFORE this foundation next time I use it, since the matte finish to the concealer and the dewey look from the foundation didn't mesh too well.

Surprisingly, I didn't need much concealer at all. I used some under my eyes and a little on some small blemishes I had on my cheek. Photo Ready covered my slight acne scarring very well, and neutralized all uneven coloring.

After applying foundation and concealer, I applied a light dusting of loose powder. I didn't like the way my skin looked with just the loose powder, so I applied pressed powder with a cosmetic sponge, and it looked phenomenal.

Throughout the day, the foundation stayed on very well. I didn't do any touchups, I didn't have any oily shine. When I washed my face last night, I saw that it did stay flawless for over 14-15 hours of wear.

Overall, I think Photo Ready was a great foundation that I definitely will continue to use. The shine was a bit much for me to handle, but it may be because I am so used to mattifying products. The color match and coverage were perfect, and for the price of $10, I'm pretty sure I will buy it again!

What is your favorite drugstore foundation? Have you ever tried Photo Ready?


Picture taken from www.revlon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment