Monday, November 22, 2010

E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen Product Review

Eyes Lips Face has finally come out with a product for those who are afraid of liquid eyeliner...the Waterproof Eyeliner Pen!

In making my traveling makeup kit, I researched a lot of different liquid eyeliners that I could carry around with me. I purchased the E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pens with my expectations low...after all, they are only $1.00. When I finally received my stuff from the mail, I was beyond excited to try the products. This weekend I got a chance to work on two models for a photo shoot, and couldn't wait to whip out these eyelining pens.

I purchased the plum, coffee and black eyelining pens. The pen itself is exactly the size of a regular pen, and the felt tip that applies the liner is stiff enough to create great lines, but soft enough to conform to the lines you try to form. Before applying to the models, I experimented with them to get an idea of how hard I would have to press and how quickly the fluid comes out. This eyelining pen has such versatility to it- I could make thin or thick lines, it moved very fluidly as I created swirls and points, and it didn't leave any wet puddles that would need to dry (that could get annoying). This was seriously like a makeup marker!

When working on the models, I createrd a pink fade on one of them, and used the plum liner pen to create a sexy cat eye. I was SHOCKED at how easy it was to make them! And getting them to come out evenly thick and pointy? Piece of cake!

I was able to get extremely close to the lash line, the color was superb (not too light or too dark) and looked great with the colors I shaded onto her eyes.

The black Eyelining pen performed just as well as the plum (although the top of it was embarrassingly hard to get off...) and created a great liquid liner look to the other model.

If you don't feel comfortable with liquid liner, or have issues with getting the small brush or stiff felt tip pen to work for you, I definitely suggest you try E.L.F.'s Eyelining Pen in any of the five colors it comes in. For $1, you can't beat the quality of this liner. Also, Eyes Lips Face sends promotional coupons nonstop, definitely making their afforable cosmetics even more of a steal1 I am going to purchase the Midnight and Ash pens very soon!

What's your favorite eyelining product?

No comments:

Post a Comment