Monday, November 15, 2010

Bed Head Waver - One of My Favorite Hair Tools EVER!

I've been posting a ton about makeup and hair products on this blog and decided to post something about hair tools.

Being that I have been going out for an exceptional amount of birthday parties recently, this weekend I went all out and did something special to my hair instead of letting it curl naturally or straighten it. One of my big problems with going to nightclubs is hair...whenever it's straight it gets rediculously frizzy (it's naturally curly, so it get's to look like a hot mess) and whenever it's curly it goes straight.

I was beginning to think that crazy club hair was just going to be part of life, until I found the Bed Head Waver about two years ago at Target. It was about $50 (it's about $30 now), which was a stretch for me to buy since I'm not too big on hair tools, but I thought it'd be worth it. Man, was I right...I LOVE this thing!

I find that it works best when your hair isn't freshly washed. The cleaner your hair, the less hold there is to the styling tool. I also tend to spritz each section with hairspray before waving it, which makes a horrifying crackling noise and leaves residue on the waver, but gives you a great look that holds all night long.

The second thing to remember with this tool, especially if you have long hair, is to remember that you need the barrel waves to MATCH as you bring it down your hair. You have to make sure that wherever the wave ends, start the next to make an even flow. Once you try it out a couple of times you will definitely get how to do it, especially since not matching makes you look pretty messy.

I've posted a picture of how I waved my hair with the Bed Head waver on Friday.


What do you think of the waved look? Is this a tool you would try?

No comments:

Post a Comment