Sunday, November 14, 2010

Product Review: Redken Sheer Straight 06

Hope everyone's weekends went great! I took this weekend as an opportunity to try a whole bunch of different products - one of which being Redken's Sheer Straight 06.

I'm getting pretty used to my InStyler now, and decided to try it out with some different stying products. My usual straightening routine involves some type of volumizing gel, usually Aussie or Garnier. I blow dry and then go to my straightener. I was running out of my Aussie and received this Redken straightening gel just in time.

The texture of this gel is unique- it sort of feels like a gel cream due to it's coating ability and pearlescent coloring. I used only about a dime size amount on my shoulder length hair, and it coated nicely. It also smelled great, and didn't feel sticky at all.

I blow dried my hair the way I usually do, and was surprised to see the ton of frizz I usually wind up with (I don't necessarily take care when drying my hair) weren't all over the place like they usually are. My hair seemed instantly smoother and I was excited to see how it would work with the straightener.

When straightening, I noticed a HUGE amount of steam coming off of my hair. I figured it was from the heat protecting properties of the product, since most heat protection products let off an exceptional amount of steam. As long as it doesn't smell like burning hair I don't mind the smoke!

I found my hair was extremely smooth and really manageable after I finished styling. My hair felt and looked thicker, and I had no fly-aways or frizziness around my part. It also left no residue on my InStyler.

After a couple of tries, I decided this styling cream was definitely something I'd like to keep around. Redken products can be found at tons of different salons, and their website, Redken, gives you a list of places where you can buy their products to try.

Have you tried any Redken products?

No comments:

Post a Comment