Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Product Review: Clinique Clinical Even Better Dark Spot Eraser

One of my biggest insecurities about my appearance has always been my acne scars. Although they have gotten increasingly better over the years, I dream of having skin that some of my friends have. Skin that needs no foundation, no concealer- a little powder and they're off. I thought trying out Clinique's Clinical Even Better Dark Spot Eraser might have been able to help me acheive this, but I was disappointed.

One of the things I thought was great about this Even Better serum was that it came with a really cute chart that you can mark your spot's progress throughout the use of this product. The one bottle is considered a 6-week treatment, and is supposed to offer over 50% improvement to your skin's uneven tone. It is scent-free and very light in texture, so I wasn't concerned about having a bad reaction while using it.

After two weeks, my skin broke out...horribly. I felt like I went back a step from pretty clear skin with a couple of scars to new blemishes and new red spots on their way. Not only did I have a fresh set of zits, they were PAINFUL! They felt like they were deep under my skin, and every drying lotion I put on top to get them to come to a head just left me with dry patches over my new zits.  

I tried to stick it out, and used this product for two more weeks, knowing that your skin doesn't fully adjust to a new regimen until after 6 weeks of use. My reaction didn't change. I continued to get blemishes that didn't dry up easily, and the scars I did have were joined by new red spots that were a product of this dark spot 'eraser'.

I hate writing horrible reviews for a product, so I will say that this is just not for me. My skin is sensitive, but I was told by the Clinique consultant that I purchased this from that my skin should not react since it's made for people who have sensitive skin. Clearly not mine.

I wish I didn't use this product at all. It did nothing for my current scarring, and made my skin look worse than it did when I started. The cute little spot chart was unnecessary, since nothing changed with the spots I had. Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Eraser is going way into the back of my skincare drawer, and I'll continue searching for a new method of lightening my scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment