Monday, March 1, 2010

Modelco Face Base Skin Primer - Can't Live Without It!

Hope everyone's day was great!

Today I wanted to write about one of my favorite products EVER, something I cannot start my daily makeup routine without - Modelco Face Base Skin Primer. This silky, hydrating primer has been my go-to product for over a year, and I don't think I could ever be swayed away from it.

Modelco is a great cosmetic and self-tanning brand from Australia, who's products never cease to amaze me. Their Tan In A Can self tanner is a legendary product, and is available from places such as Henri Bendel and Ulta. I've worked for a distributor who sells Modelco in the United States for about a year, and Face Base has always been one of my favorites.

Face Base is oil free, contains vitamins C and E, and is a moisturizer all in one. It's clear formula allows even application, and a little bit goes a long way! This amazing gel fills in wrinkles and open pores, giving foundation a flawless face to glide over. Just rinse your face before application, wait two minutes for it to set before applying your makeup, and your beautiful face will look the same after a hard day's work (or long night of dancing) as it did when you first left your house.

I put this product over my entire face, eye lids, lips, and down under my chin. Face Base will keep bronzer on your cheeks, eyeshadow on your lids, and lipstick from bleeding onto your skin. I have very large, open pores around my nose and upper cheeks, and this primer keeps my foundation from sinking into those gaping holes.

I've had lots of problems with acne in the past, and I feel that using this product over my day cream, my skin has been almost completely breakout free. By creating a boundary between your open pores and your foundation/concealer, you have less of a chance of clogging them with dirt.

My favorite thing about Face Base, however, is how it keeps my eye makeup in place. I touch my face incessantly throughout the day, despite attempts to stop this horrible habit. I rub my eyes, itch my eyebrows, whatever my brain may ask of me, and I still seem to look great after a long day. Face Base even keeps my eye makeup on after working up a sweat in the gym!

Modelco products are available from Modelco USA. Face Base is 45 mL and runs for $34, and will last you about three months per bottle (depending on usage, of course).

Have you ever tried any Modelco products?

Image courtesy of Modelco USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment