Friday, March 12, 2010

L'oreal HIP - Ready for Game Day!

Tonight I went to see my favorie hockey team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, play the New Jersey Devils in Newark. I haven't been to a see a game in about a year, so I was super excited about going again.

There are many different ways for people to show their team spirit...whether it be through wearing jerseys, temporary tattoos (or real ones, for that matter) and even painting their faces. Check out Pensburgh for the best Penguins hockey and fan news!

Today I not only wore my favorite player's jersey, but got my make up working too. No reason why tomboy's can't be pretty, too! By using L'oreal's High Intensity Pigment eyeshadows, I rocked my yellow and black, and showed my true team spirit!



To get this look (or any other with deep pigmentation):

1. Start with a makeup base that will keep oils from festering on the skin and smudging intense colors. Cover with foundation or powder to set.

2. Use a Highlighting eyeshadow stick in a light pearl or flesh color (try Make Up For Ever's Pearly Waterproof Eyeshadow Pencil). This will help to keep the pigments sticking to your eye lid, not falling under your eyes or onto your cheeks. Cover the entire eyelid, up to the brow bone.

3. Apply lighter color eyeshadow with a regular eyeshadow brush to entire eyelid. Layer for desired intensity (I used L'oreal HIP's bright yellow in the eyeshadow duo 'Striking').

4. Use a lighter color (I used white for the yellow) just in the inside corner of the eyes. Blend with the first color to give depth to the eye.

5. Take your darker color (I used Make Up For Ever's Black eyeshadow) and apply to the crease of the eye, starting from the outside corner. I used my smudging brush to do this, as the bristles are shorter and it won't blend as much with the lighter color. Fill the outside corner, and bring 3/4 of the way to the inside corner of the eye. By leaving this little section open, your eyes appear larger. For a very dramatic look, bring to the inside corner. Bring slightly up on the corners of the eye.

6. Apply your liner to upper eyelid, as close as you can to your lashes, from inside corner to outside corner. I used my favorite Studio Gear cake eyeliner in black with my lining brush. Line the bottom lashes halfway to the corner of your eye (I line mine up with my pupil) and smudge out using the black eyeliner and your smudge brush.

7. Apply two coats of black mascara to top lashes. I applied one coat to my bottom lashes as well.

8. If your darker color is uneven on your eyes, you can always reshape using one of my favorite tricks: wet a q-tip, put some soap on it, and squeeze the excess water out. This can be used as an eraser for dark colors. (Be careful!) Once the cotton has the pigment on it you will need to either use another area of clean cotton or use the other side, otherwise it will put the pigment where you don't want it. Fix up your dark color to make both eyes look even.

9. Apply a shimmering highlighting powder (I used gold) with your fingertip right above where the dark color ends. Bring this up to your brow. This will lighten up your eyes and allow for perfect pictures!

You're ready for your close up!

Try these steps out and let me see how your bright, flashy colors come out!

And as always, Let's go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment