Monday, March 1, 2010

Payot Mousse Nettoyant - The Cleanser from the Gods!

Acne: such a touchy subject for those who have to deal with this problem on a daily basis.

My ability to work with my oily/combination and problematic skin has been a long, painful and embarrassing ordeal I've prayed would end quickly. My prayers went unanswered for about ten years, but about three months ago I started using Payot's Mousse Nettoyant.

I've used everything from Clinique to Proactiv, but nothing seemed to help my skin. I think part of the reason is because my skin is very sensitive and these products were too strong. Payot Paris flaunts the fact that they are biologically created, uses natural ingredients and was founded by Europe's first female doctor (go feminism!).

I've been told by many friends that are estheticians that it takes up to six weeks for your skin to adjust when using a new product, with optimum results coming after those six weeks. When your problem is acne, and it gets increasingly worse with hormones and stress, you want instant gratification. Payot's products made me feel like I was doing something good for my skin, not just trying to kill it so nothing could grow!


Mousse Nettoyant is a gel antibacterial cleanser which is soluble in water. Lots of Payot's other cleansers from their Demaquillantes (cleanser) line are for women on the go, no water needed. They also have eleven other lines designed for specific skin types and problems!

From the first time I washed my face with Mousse Nettoyant, my skin felt smoother and more hydrated. Taking a small amount of the gel (dime sized) and lathering is enough to cleanse my entire face and neck. After towel drying, my skin didn't feel tight and dry like it has in the past. I couldn't stop touching my face!


I've been using this product for about three months, along with it's sister products from the Purifiantes (oily skin) line: Tonique Purifante, a toner containing green tea to soothe the skin and prepare it for treatment products, Fluide Matifiante, a lightweight antibacterial emulsion I use in the morning, and Creme Purifiante, a rich antibacterial cream which I use before bed. My face has improved more than I could even imagine. Now, even the occasional blemish which occurs around that time of the month is easily handled!

Payot Paris flaunts itself on bringing the spa experience home to you for your personal use. While they are mostly sold in spas and upscale resorts, you can also find them online. Definitely don't pass this one up!

All of the products mentioned in this article, along with tons of other Payot products made specifically for different needs, are available from sites such as Skin 1 and Ariva Skincare.

Have you ever tried or heard of Payot products?

Pictures courtesy of Payot.

1 comment:

  1. hi i know this is a really old post but i would like ur advice on these Payot products...i have the serum and cream for a long time now but i never used them ... my skin is oily sensitive acne prone,,,my acne went away for a few months but now its back...do u think these will help or should i wait for my breakouts to go away first?

    thanks

    http://lilylandcy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete