Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year - New Update!

Hey y'all!! I'm sorry I haven't written since Christmas, things have been so busy over here! I got a new 9 - 5, which I started January 3, and have been busy trying all my new toys that I got on Christmas. Thanks to my great family and boyfriend, my makeup collection has been expanded even further (not that it needed to be!)

First off, my brother bought me the Shakira perfume and body lotion set I've been dying for. It smells amazing! Hints of jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood fill your nostrils when you spray this beautifully light scent. My favorite thing about it? The adorable "S" bottle jewelry that keeps the sprayer closed when you're not using it. This makes Shakira's S an easy fragrance to travel with. I haven't stopped spraying since Christmas!

My mother bought me a different Shany pallet with some great shadows in it. It encompasses a bajillion colors, so I can change it up everyday. Unfortunately, they aren't as bright and obnoxious as I would have hoped, but it'll help me subtly show off my skills and personality in my office! Beware: you need to use an all natural brush for these suckers or the color doesn't come out of the brush. Try a squirrel hair shadow brush for best results. I will be posting a tutorial soon using shadows from the  pallet!

My mother also bought me an AMAZING brush set by Shany Cosmetics (one of my favs, if you couldn't tell) that has everything any human could possibly need in it. While I have a collection of great tried and true brushes, this set, complete with leather roll up case, will be perfect to use on clients. Since they all have their own little slot, it's easy to see which ones are missing so you don't forget anything!

And the grand finale...my love for my boyfriend exploded on Christmas day. After listening to me talk about makeup and tons of other stuff he doesn't give a crap about, he remembered the one thing I was dying for...the TEMPTU! This airbrush machine comes with airpods that easily switch out for perfect foundation, blush/bronzer and highlighter application. He bought me the complete set, which comes with two foundation pods (somehow he knew my color perfectly), a blush and highlighter that are picked out with the foundation you choose. My colors were Pale Pink and Champagne.

For those of you who aren't informed about the Temptu airbrushing system, it's a great, user friendly way to apply airbrush foundation at home. The Temptu features 'pods' that have the nozzle built right in - a great and revolutionary idea that saves you tons of money and makeup. Unlike other airbrush foundation tools, this built in nozzle allows you to switch easily between products (or colors) without cleaning out the nozzle each time. This allows you to actually USE the makeup you buy.

Currently, foundations ($55), blushes ($30) and highlighters ($35) are available for the system from Sephora, their own website and amazon.com. I've written to the company and was told that eyeshadows should be coming out for it around August (there goes all my money...)

I am absolutely in love with the Temptu. Although this won't be an everyday product (I dilly dally with it too much, no time for dilly dallying before work...) I use it every chance I get. No doubt this weekend my Temptu will be getting a great workout...this Saturday is my birthday! I want to rock perfect makeup and flawless skin from Friday to Sunday, and with the help of the Temptu I know people will be jealous of me. Tutorial will be coming soon!

Since I got the new job, I won't be able to update as much as I have been in the past. I will attempt to update as much as I can, and I will try to update every Saturday with video tutorials. Please give me suggestions on what you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment