Monday, May 23, 2011

Spicing Up Your Makeup in the Office Place

Like many of you, I’m one of the millions of people that gets up every morning to go to my 9 – 5, leaving fun makeup and bright colors for weekends only. Well, this is just not enough for me to let my makeup freak flag fly, and I’m sure so many of you feel the same. So how do we express ourselves without our bosses thinking we’re psychos?

Unfortunately, you should leave the bright, neon or super dramatic eye shadows for the weekends. While you may think that your bright blue or green eye shadow is not distracting, it can be, and can also make you seem very unprofessional. Most of the people that visit my site won’t judge you on your expressive eye makeup, but others, who aren’t as into it as us, most likely will.

How do you show some color without covering the whole lid then? A smooth sweep of colored eyeliner can be all you need to brighten your look up. Pair this with some natural eye shadow and you’re set! To keep you look sleek and sexy, steer clear of pencils that can leave a harsh look. You can purchase great liquid eyeliners from Tarte or Makeup Forever – but I usually choose to use my wet/dry eye shadows. Not sure which color to pick to make your eyes stand out the most? Here are some tips:

Blue Eyes: Copper, Bronze, Brown, Eggplant
Green Eyes: Gold, Eggplant/Purple, Brown, Bronze
Brown Eyes: Blue, Eggplant/Purple, Burnt Orange
Hazel Eyes: Brown, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Eggplant/Purple

To emphasize the color on your eyeliner the most, stick with a simple and light color on your lids. I usually apply matte taupe across my entire lid, and then a slightly darker matte brown in my crease. Be sure to blend these well with a soft shading brush.

When applying your colored eyeliner, start with a very thin line (I use my angle brush to apply mine, but the applicator on your liquid eyeliner can work as well). If you are using liquid eyeliner, apply some mascara before, and be careful not to brush passed your lashes when applying – this can make your mascara look clumpy and make your eyelashes stick together. Wing it out for a cute retro look.

I always use black eyeliner on my waterline, even if I use colored eyeliner on top. This will further define the eye, especially if you’re using a lighter colored line on top. It’s your choice on whether or not you want to line the bottom waterline. I opt against it usually, bringing more attention to my sexy lids.
Last step – apply your mascara. I usually go with two or three coats, making sure I define each individual lash as best as possible. Be careful when applying. You don’t want to get any black residue on your lid by being sloppy with your mascara brush!

Finish with a simple lip and you’re set!

I’m sure you will have all of your coworkers jealous of your beauty…or, should I say, even MORE jealous!

1 comment:

  1. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
    max attraction gold

    ReplyDelete