Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

So I've always been a huge fan of mascara...anything that could make my lashes longer and fuller is great in my book. I've heard of lots of people having problems with their contacts and eye makeup (I wear contacts 24/7) but have never had issues with anything until I tried Lash Stiletto mascara from Maybelline.


While the appeal of the long, separated, shiny lashes that are promised from Maybelline is very appealing, the results for me were sub par. After applying, my lashes looked as they always do when I wear mascara - long, separated and black. I finished my face, and went out for the night.

All night, I was having trouble seeing - blurriness, extra tears...and an insatiable ITCH that wouldn't go away. I went home, ran to take out my contacts, and saw how RED my eyes had become. My lids were swollen, and my eyes were more bloodshot than I had ever seen them. I quickly rinsed off my makeup and put warm compresses on my eyes to get rid of the sting.

The next morning, I couldn't even get my contacts in. They were still red, swollen and itchy. I actually had to wear my glasses for about 5 days...REDICULOUS!

I actually gave this mascara another try (why, I'm not quite sure...) thinking it was just the batch and bought a new tube and had the same reaction. I gave it to my mother, and she too had a horrible reaction to it!

Maybelline Lash Stiletto is now on my nix list forever!

I do, however, love Maybelline's Define-A-Lash mascara and use it daily. If you're going to try a drugstore brand of mascara, this is the one to get!
What's your favorite mascara? Have you ever had a bad reaction to anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment